The Wasatch Center for Advanced Professional Studies (CAPS) is a partnership between Wasatch High School students, local business, and industry mentors. CAPS students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills by working in collaborative groups to complete real-world projects while being mentored by industry partners.
CAPS students may enroll in one of five courses
Where possible, students may receive concurrent enrollment credit from Utah Valley University.
Developing Real World Skills
Teachers and mentors within the CAPS program will foster a learning environment where students will acquire the necessary skills to complete real-world projects. These skills—which are necessary to succeed in today’s economy—include the following:
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Collaboration across networks and leading by influence
- Agility and adaptability
- Initiative and entrepreneurialism
- Effective oral and written communication
- Accessing and analyzing information
- Curiosity and imagination